ARRIVING AT MEC!
- NO STUDENT IS ALLOWED ON MEC PROPERTY PRIOR TO 7:30 AM.
- If parents are transporting students to school, the students must arrive between 7:45 and 8:00 am.
- If there is an emergency, and the student must be dropped off as early as 7:30, the parent/guardian MUST accompany the student in the building and sign him/her in on our sign in sheet. Failure to do this will result in the student losing all of the arrival points.
- Walkers and MTA riders must plan to arrive between 7:45 and 8:00am.
- Any student who arrives before the buses will be sent to the designated waiting area. Behavior there can determine whether or not arrival points will be given.
- Students who arrive after 8:00 must be signed in by a parent/guardian. Late arrival will result in the students losing all of the arrival points.
- If a student is absent, he/she must bring in a note explaining the absence.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ask teachers for any missed work. The student is required to turn in the missed work in a timely manner.
DURING THE DAY!
- Book bags are not allowed- including purses.
- If a student brings their lunch to school, lunch bags will be held by the faculty during the day and given to the students at lunch time.
- Each student is assigned a combination locker
- Students are expected to go to their lockers when they first arrive in the morning and before they leave at dismissal.
- Lockers are the property of the school and may be opened by staff.
- Students’ time at lockers is considered SILENT TIME. No talking is allowed at the lockers.
- Students are not allowed to have phones, pagers or other portable electronic devices (mp3 players, games, etc.) in their possession during the school day.
- Students must keep these devices in their lockers and turned off during the school day.
- The first time a student is found carrying one of these devices it will taken and given back at the end of the day. The second offense will result in a parent/guardian coming in to pick up the device from the principal.
Sleeping in class is also prohibited. Students who sleep in class will lose points and/or be sent to SAR.